POP3 in Yahoo Mail
Updated June 2010
For all Yahoo mail users who do not have yahoo pop3 option in their mail settings,good news,now you too can use pop3 without a Yahoo Plus account .There is no software involved here,here is all you have to do.
- On the right corner is the options link,click it to see the list of options.Now click on more options…
- In the options screen,select the POP Forwarding option and enable it.Save the changes.If you do not have this option go to step 8
- Now to set up Outlook,at the add new account wizard click on the manual settings button.
- Enter the following values for this screen,and then click on the more settings… button.
- incoming server: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com or (pop.mail.yahoo.com) outgoing server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Advanced Setting:Under outgoing server, the first box is checked and use same settings as my incoming server.
- Use port 995 and check the box, for SSL connection. second port is 465, and select SSL encryption.
- Now test the settings.If this didn't work , try changing the content settings as follows:
- In the options list select to classic mail
- Now click on the options link
- . Select Mail Options.
- Now you will see a new option that you didn’t see before ,‘Account Information’
- In the Account settings change the region to Asia.
- If everything has been done correctly you should see on the top left corner of your screen.You will now have a "POP3 Access and Forwarding" choice under Management settings!, enable it.
- Save the settings and now try the outlook settings from step 4.
- That’s it.
This is a short video on the whole thing.
The folders that you created are not synced or downloaded.
This may not work for new accounts.
These are not settings for YPOPS
This post has been updated